CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 13, 2011

"It is impossible to say just what I mean!"

all day yesterday Blogger was down for maintenance and I was dying without it. i had so much to write about. now i have even more to write about today. i better write a list.
- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock T. S. Eliot
- getting gas
- Maura
- spring program
- yearbook
- shorts
- glee
i think that's it. let's start.

so for the first time in my life I think I have a favorite poem. we read it in english class and once I read the first line I knew I would like it. we only read a bit of it in class then we were supposed to finish it for homework. i read the rest in study hall but i wasn't really paying attention. then we read it in class the next day and talked about what it is about and then i really liked it so i read it again after class and i really really like it. it's kind of long so i'll just give you my favorite quotes. oh but it's called "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot

"Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky"
"There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;"
"Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea."
"And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,"
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."
"And would it have been worth it, after all,
After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,
Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,"
"Should say: “That is not what I meant at all.
That is not it, at all.”"
"It is impossible to say just what I mean!"
"I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me."

You should just go read the whole poem, you should do that before I start talking about what it's about. It's about this guy who wants to ask a girl out on a date but he's too scared. He thinks that he isn't good enough. So he puts himself down and goes back and forth in his head. In the end he never asks her.
But I like this poem a whole lot.

I got gas for my car by myself for the first time ever yesterday. Be proud of me. I'm growing up.

Maura's getting bullied at school. Apparently my mom asked how school was one day and Maura told her what was happening. I don't know the details. The first time I heard of it was when my mom told Maura to write down everything that happened so when they go to the principal she will have it in case she gets emotional. I had never heard of anything like that before. But a girl named Abbi Russo, who I've never liked, is doing the bullying. Part of that bullying is being done on the bus, so now I go pick up Maura from school so she doesn't have to take the bus. But I want to beat some kids up for bullying Maura. But since I have been driving her around more lately I've realized that Maura and I are not close at all. It's usually silent in the car. Which I guess is because of the age difference and that we don't really have anything to talk about. It's kind of weird. But I still love her so much.

i thought of something else to add to the list, the day of silence. so my school is doing it this year. so after writing that blog post about it I knew that I had to do it. So I signed up with Mollie. it's one of those things where I'm a little bit weary about doing it because of what other people who aren't doing it will think but then it's like, I'm doing something good so who cares what they think? If they think badly of me because of it then they are complete jerks and it's because of people like them that I'm doing it in the first place. But I really thought the national day of silence was last month, not this month. Going to check. It is actually April 20. I guess my school's just slow.

The elementary school had their spring program last night and it was hilarious and so cute. And now I don't feel like talking about it because I have to leave soon. I just want to touch on one more thing.

I got my yearbook today. I didn't preorder it so I was lucky that there was some left, I got there early to make sure. And I've had people sign it all day. I really like seeing what everyone writes because in many years from now when I'm showing my kids my old high school yearbooks, that is what my friends now will be remembered by, whatever they put in my yearbook. I really liked what Josh put in mine, it made me smile. I'm not going to share it with you future blog readers because it's mine and I don't want to type it out and I think it belongs in my yearbook.

And now I must get something to eat and then go to my national horse judging meeting (yeahhh!).

0 comments: