CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Walden!

"I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well."
"Our life is frittered away by detail."
"It is remarkable how easily and insensibly we fall into a particular route, and make a beaten track for ourselves."
"That if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them…."
This is the quote I was referring to yesterday, I thought it was from Emerson but it was actually Thoreau: "Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed and in such desperate enterprises?"
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
"The sun is but a morning star."

And there is Walden by Henry David Thoreau, or the quotes that I liked the best out of the little parts that I had to read. Now I am done with homework on this lovely snowday! And it's 1:33. Pretty good.

0 comments: