CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Relationship Through Texts, How Cute, Not.

I have a ton of things to talk about but there is one thing I want to talk about.

Bella Brogle and her new relationship with Timber Lewinski. So her mother and his mother were friends, so the two of them always played with each other when they were younger. And then they didn't talk for years. Then at the beginning of this year they found each other on facebook and began texting each other. They texted each other a lot, but I don't think that they ever saw each other in person. Well if they did Bella didn't tell me about it and there was no mention of it on facebook. And now they are in a relationship. Can I even say they are dating if they haven't seen each other?

Ah that frustrates me so much. You can't have a relationship based off of text messages, or the internet. You don't see a whole side to the person. They could type up whatever they wanted. They could be lying. Even if they aren't lying you don't know what they are like in person. Maybe they are extremely annoying. Maybe you just don't get along. Anyone can text back and forth but not everyone can get along so well in person.

So while all of this was happening this post came up on tumblr. Somebody asked someone this question "What's it like being in a relationship with someone you haven't met in person?" and I should give you their whole response but it's sort of long. Actually I will then I will just talk about the parts I want, ignore names and such:
"Well i know this was meant to be for Shannon, but I’m sorry I’m attacking her page and giving you my presense instead. I believe a relationship with someone you haven’t met in person just yet is even better than a normal “We met in high school” relationship. I know some or many might disagree but how awesome is it that we’ve fell in love without even knowing each others flaws that come out only in person.. We love each other for only what we are and what we know about each other. We love the way each other looks and everything that has to do with each other and I feel like it’s so much more powerful, that first kiss, that first touch, that first everything will be nothing of the ones like those other people who see their loved one every day is.. Once we do get to be together I’m never leaving her side that’s for sure.. I feel as though our love is so much more powerful than many and it’s so much more true and sincere. To know that each other could be with someone else at any given point and you would never know is so scary, but to be able to have that much trust in someone is amazing. It’s just such a full love with no bullshit or lies, she’s my bestfriend in the whole world and I’m that to her and it’s just amazing to wake up every morning no matter what I’m going through and know I have Shannon in my life and as my own."

So that is all nice and all but a few things just annoy me. "how awesome is it that we’ve fell in love without even knowing each others flaws that come out only in person.. We love each other for only what we are and what we know about each other." That's not true love! I think that loving someone means loving all of them, even their flaws. You can't just pick and choose what you want a person to see. If that was the case then everyone would love you! You would just be like, Yeah no they aren't going to see all my flaws, so that way they will fall in love with me. That doesn't work like that! And yeah that whole "first kiss, that first touch, that first everything" will be different because you will be seeing if what you know them as through the internet is what they are like in real life! Maybe in real life it will be just like through the internet, but maybe not. I don't think you can say you love someone without meeting them in real life.

Now you might be wondering, "what about you and Josh? All you do is text him." Yes, but I don't love him and I'm not in a relationship with him. And those will never happen until we've spent adequate time together and can talk to each other without it being awkward, because that is important to me. And like Abby said "the part I love about my relationship is being with Colin and learning new things about him" which doesn't work just through text messages, maybe you can learn new things but you can't be next to him.

Anyways that is the end of my rant, I believe that covers it all. It's 8:11pm now in case you were wondering.

0 comments: