CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 7, 2016

(this should be posted before the last one. I had wrote it as a word doc and couldn't post it then)


okay 11:08pm on 4/4/16 blog post:

I am currently in Atlanta at a diversity abroad conference. which is kind of pushing me to think about race and diversity – because honestly I’m not that diverse. but seeing what kind of daily struggles and experiences people go through because of their identity is pretty powerful and eye opening. I will never understand a lot of what they are talking about. but I admire them ten fold.

but overall the conference isn’t all that beneficial because a lot I sort of already know or it is geared towards students working in the public sectors or public policy/health or other careers completely internationally focused. I’m not sure how much I have really learned or gained other than what I spoke about above. but it is cool to hear from some people about what they have done and how entrepreneurship is a big trend and about them reiterating the skills that we need to be able to articulate about study abroad. so I do want to sit down and figure out what my skills are in a way where I can list them and talk about them and give examples where I demonstrated those skills.

I also want to try to figure out if I want to do Spotify or this internship in Ireland (although my dad can’t find his birth certificate so I might not be able to) or go to new Zealand or go to Nashville or teach abroad or do something completely else. these are the decisions that will define the rest of my life and the path I will take. I am sure they are all great paths and I will lead a happy fulfilling life but they are all very different paths. so I really need to do some soul searching and figure out what I want to do. I also have to hear back from Spotify, who I poked today, but have not heard back from.

so I am thinking instead of going to new York with ellie and Amelie, which would be fine but I just don’t want to do, I am thinking of going to the cape by myself and turning off all social media and just being myself and writing and reading and doing some school work and just figuring out who I am and what I want to do. that wouldn’t be this weekend but next.

but I am so lucky to be at this conference. babson is paying for everything. I had a great meal at a Japanese restaurant. I went swimming in the pool and the hot tub Jacuzzi. Allana is great and I am enjoying hanging out with her for these few days. and I get away from school for a few extra days and it is great. and I get to think about travel and different cultures the whole time. so that is pretty special as well.

0 comments: