CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 7, 2016


oh hey want to see another poem I wrote? in poetry class we had to write the longest sentence ever that is still grammatically correct. and it had to have two turns in it and it could be on anything. and then we had to turn it into an imitation poem of Linda Gregerson's style. so this what I ended up with. if Dan and I actually end up being friends i'll share it with him. but still going strong on the snap game with him.


My Trip to Atlanta


My throat hurt and bothered me all week like a constant
                                                          reminder
                        that I didn’t really belong there,
 

just as soon as I relaxed the scratching would pop up
                                                            again
                       until one night I was able to forget,


thanks to Dan who volunteered to be our tour
                                                            guide
                        around Atlanta, which I was grateful
 

for because he showed me that I could make new
                                                            friends
                        quickly and connect with someone
 

beyond the same group of friends I’ve had for
                                                            years
                        who make me worried that I’m suck
 

and no one else will ever be interested in getting to
                                                            know me,
                        as if I’ve found my people and that’s it
 

but in 37 days I’ll be on an adventure full of
                                                            new
                        people and places. Dan showed me
 

that there is always another friend out there waiting to
                                                            meet me.


I was super excited when I finished it but just reading that I think I might want to make it so it is not so obvious and talk more about what he showed me in Atlanta, not just jumping right to the point. oh the life of a poet.

0 comments: