CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2014

i have to write down some advice i got today when some musicians were asking me about what i wanted to do and everything.

first was that if you like babysitting you should manage. and the second was to try it for 3 to 5 years. too many people are here for 3 months and say that it isn't working and then give up. also that a lot of time you are working for free. a lot of the most successful music business people they know started off with someone they believed it and worked for free, not making any money, for 4 years until they started to actually pull in some income.

i am grateful for any advice i can get. Taylor told me that when i meet people and talk to them to tell them that my purpose for being in Nashville is to find my purpose. that way it opens up for the door if they could help me at all. that's what i said when i got the advice above.

i hope i'm not wasting my time here. it kind of feels like i am. i'm not making any money or really working towards anything. i'm just working at a boring internship and then hanging around with Erin for the rest of the time or hiding in my room. it seems like i should be doing something more. but i always like to be busy and feel like i'm doing something productive. i mean i am making $2,400 from this summer technically. but then about $2,000 of that is going just to rent and then factor in gas and food and yeah i'm not making any money. but i am meeting people and i am hoping that by friending them on facebook and talking to them now they'll remember me 6 months from now when i'm looking for a job or need connections or something. but we will see how it goes.

anyways i should sleep but i am listening to Ed Sheeran's new album and I actually want to listen to all the songs. i still have like 30 minutes of songs I haven't heard. yeah no i need sleep. i'll save them for the morning. okay, goodnight. i still need to talk to you more, i feel like i have a lot built up in my chest. i'll save it for another night i guess.

0 comments: