CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2015

okay time for my yearly recap!

let's go look at the blog!

January: tinder and stupid Dylan, started working at MS Cure Fund, purple hair!
February: bye bye stupid Dylan, Paradise Fears concert w/ Sunderland opening, 1st Taylor Mathews house show, met Zach!, started crushing on Hanson
March: got accepted to China!, Hanson, car got towed, interview with Rounder Records
April: problems with our father, got offered the internship with Rounder!, 5k with Ellie
May: being there for my friends, finished sophomore year, MOVED TO NASHVILLE and started my internship
June: tough living in Nashville, feeling alone all the time, passed out at the CMAs while I was there by myself, Ellie came to visit!, turned 20
July: started talking with people in the music industry, went to see The Fray with Zach (after Corey gave me the tickets), Fall Out Boy, family came to visit! "my life is going to change so much over the next few years. i have no idea how or where i will be but i know that i will be happy wherever i end up. because i will be with myself and i love myself and i am happy when i am with me."
August: family here, left Nashville, IRELAND!, left for China...
September: settling into Shanghai, internship at Split Works, class, made friends with Kristen, started babysitting/tutoring, trip to Taiwan!
October: our house was put up for sale, Kristen is awesome, just normal China living
November: Hong Kong trip, became friends with Josh, became friends with Derek, my dad got engaged and didn't tell me, his girlfriend sent me facebook messages that made me upset, dad tries to blame everything on me, Suzhou day trip
December: left Shanghai ):, visited Babson and felt so out of place, extreme reverse culture shock, talking to my dad but my sisters aren't so still trying to figure that out, met his new children, discovered my love for Netflix, interviewed with and got an internship offer from Spotify!

what a crazy year. I went from being focused on a stupid boy I met through tinder, to getting myself an internship in Nashville, to moving to Nashville, to taking a trip to Ireland, to moving to China, and landing myself an internship with Spotify. all while dealing with this father shit, juggling keeping in contact with my old friends and trying to make new ones. and just figuring out who I am.

if this year doesn't show how bad ass I am, while next year definitely will. i'm already trying to plan my year and my goals and all. i'll attach the picture of the page I wrote up earlier.

oh but I decided about studying abroad in Chile. my heart is in studying abroad again. staying at Babson would be the safe choice. but I am scared. and that is not a good reason for not doing it. so I need to start to work up my confidence and my faith in my decision. if I decide. I need to just have a moment where I say, "i'm going to do this" but I feel like that won't come for another month or two. but that's okay, I have a bit of time. and no matter what I do, I will be fabulous.

anyways earlier here are the goals I came up with:
- Focus on being secure & confident in myself and making the right decisions for me
- Kindness & giving (not only to other but also to myself)
- Be honest with myself & others about my thoughts and feelings and sticking to them

Here we go, 2015.

0 comments: