CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2014

i am currently sitting in the office of rounder records on my last day of work. I really have nothing to do. so I am just trying to pass the time.

I feel like this would be a good time to do a little reflection. or just write about whatever I want. I had lunch with liza and matt which was good. and I mentioned how I might want to go on tour next summer and liza was like we might be able to do that for you. and she already told tracy who mentioned that she would be able to do that if I come back. so next summer is already looking promising between that and everyone I've met here i'll definitely be able to land an awesome internship/job/on the road gig next summer. well at least I hope so. but look at me already looking ahead to next summer.

last night I had a Skype call with two guys I'm going to be working with for my internship. so originally I applied to work with Split Works, a promoter, but now I'm working for a spin off for them called Scorched which is a booking agency. I talked to the two guys over there and it sounded awesome. I'm excited to go and work there and learn everything and help them and do things!

maybe it was my fault, but I felt like I could have done a lot more at rounder. look at me here with a full day of nothing. it was sort of my fault because I never really broke up of my shell here or felt comfortable. which makes it hard. and I am kind of mad at myself because I think I had some great opportunities here that I sort of wasted. but hey maybe if I tour with one of their artists next summer i'll have the chance to look even better in their eyes and they can help me. because tracy for example has worked as  head of A&R in all the major labels and signed Miranda Lambert who is huge. so I really should be closer to her. but at least she knows my name and now she knows I hope to tour. but the internship in China will be amazing for me, I hope. it sounds like it. but since the Skype call was at 9:30pm last night I was actually over Erin's friends house for movie night so I had to bring my laptop and go in one of their rooms to talk to them. so that was kind of fun and cool, me working and getting things done and all. I'm kind of excited to have things to do and balance that with my life and everything. but before that I had two weeks to "relax" in Ireland.

but really rounder was what it was and I'm grateful for it. I'm ready to move forward. I just have to get through about 5 more hours and then some awkward goodbyes/thank yous. and then after that I'm going to live on the green. and then I'm picking my mom up from the airport. and then I have to get all my stuff together. and then I'm driving back home. and then I'm flying to Ireland. that's crazy that in like 3/4 days i'll be in Ireland. and I'm sure that will go by quickly and then finally i'll be in china!

I'm so excited for my life. I'm doing what I want to and living my life. I can do whatever. I can get through anything. like this is awesome.

okay marketing meeting in 9 minutes which will take up an hour and then I have 4 more hours to kill. or maybe i'll try to get out of work early. that could potentially work too but ehhh I would feel kind of awkward. we will see what happens. i'll try to update you again soon about my life.

0 comments: