CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hi. My name is Molly. I'm 17 years old. I'm beyond lucky.

I wonder if there are a lot of other people who are as lucky as I am. You know, as in, they have a fabulous supportive family, a good head on their shoulders, and just so much. You never hear about them, because it's the less fortunate that seem to find their way into news stories. But it's those who don't have the spotlight who seem to be happiest. They're happy with their life, they don't go looking for anything, because they have it all. These people live their life with no ounce of recognition but they are still content, happy.

Right now I'm so happy and content with my life. So a thought just dawned on me, if I was given the opportunity to stay where I am now. 17. With my family. In high school. Happily falling in love. Would I? No, I wouldn't. While I know people when they grow up wish they could go back to when they were younger, I still have so much of my life. I want to see what I'm going to do with my life. I have so many opportunities and chances that I have yet to take. I know that I won't always be this happy, things will happen. Things that I don't want to happen. But that's part of it. Part of growing up. Part of life.

But the thing is, I don't have a choice, so it's probably a good thing that I'm okay with growing up. Because I know while this happiness won't last, different happiness will find it's way to me. I can't guess what it will be, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I hope when I read this back years from now, I am feeling happy. Not just the fleeting happiness that comes when you do one thing, but the kind that stays with you for days. For example, all I have done for the last five hours is hang around in my room and go on my laptop. Nothing happened to make me happy, I just am.

You might be questioning my logic. I'm only 17. So young. But to me I don't see my age like that. I am just who I am right now. I'm living and experiencing in this moment.

And I think I'm done with this post now.

0 comments: