CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

okay so here is the deal. in my mind I was basically all set with my summer plans. I would stay at auntie lorrie's and I would continue to work at Spotify. I would try to work three days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or just keep Tues/Thur and get paid $15/hour. and I would keep my babysitting hours as well, on Wednesdays and Friday also getting paid $15/hour. and I would hang out with Ellie and my family and it would be a summer more focused on making money and just continuing the good life I got going here. I also didn't really have any other options.

but then I just found out that I got offered an internship at ole, a music publishing company in Nashville. they only offer 2 positions every summer. but it is unpaid. and I would have to pay to rent a place in Nashville. but the internship is closer aligned with what I want to do. not exactly since it is working with licensing songs and the lyrics but it would be working with songwriters and directly with artists. at Spotify I am so removed from the artists and it is a technology company than a music company. i'm not even involved with the people working with labels and such. but maybe it will get me connections? well so would ole. and I would try to get a babysitting job, which I tried last time too but didn't work out. but I think I could try to do the whole Nashville thing better this time, especially now that i'm a year older. but I would miss Maeve's graduation and my birthday wouldn't be spent with Ellie and I was happy just being in Boston for the summer so I could stay close to my family and all. but looking at my career and what I want to do, ole is closer aligned with that.

but I haven't heard gotten it confirmed from Spotify yet that I can stay.

here is probably what will happen:
- if Spotify confirms, I will probably stay here and go to Spotify because how can I turn down a paid internship with such a huge recognizable company like Spotify
- if Spotify says no, I will be more likely to go to Nashville unless sometimes pops up in Boston....

goodness, choices about my career and life and all. fun stuff.

0 comments: